I’d wear those stripes with
Any day. Nostalgia (pt. 2) - M.A.
I still flip the calendar pages;
hoping to replay,
if I can just press the numbers of the date Hard enough. Nostalgia. - M.A.
I don’t want you to know
I want you to believe that I don’t
I’m too afraid to say it again
I need you to be scared that I won’t
But it hurts not to type these words
or to let it slip off my tongue
or to allow it to bleed from my pores when you hold me
because I do
very much so…
I love you. - M.A.
but I don’t want to anymore.
and he tries to tame you
compares you to an impossible highway
to a burning house
says you are blinding him
that he could never leave you
want anything but you
you dizzy him, you are unbearable
every woman before or after you
is doused in your name
you fill his mouth
his teeth ache with memory of taste
his body just a long shadow seeking yours
but you are always too intense
frightening in the way you want him
unashamed and sacrificial
he tells you that no man can live up to the one who
lives in your head
and you tried to change didn’t you?
closed your mouth more
tried to be softer
less volatile, less awake
but even when sleeping you could feel
him travelling away from you in his dreams
so what did you want to do love
split his head open?
you can’t make homes out of human beings
someone should have already told you that
and if he wants to leave
then let him leave
you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love. Warsan Shire, “for the women who are difficult to love”
2. Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the same.
3. You hate women, just like your father and his father, so it runs in your blood.
4. I was wandering the derelict car park of your heart looking for a ride home.
5. You’re a ghost town I’m too patriotic to leave.
6. I stay because you’re the beginning of the dream I want to remember.
7. I didn’t call him back because he likes his girls voiceless.
8. It’s not that he wants to be a liar; it’s just that he doesn’t know the truth.
9. I couldn’t love you, you were a small war.
10. We covered the smell of loss with jokes.
11. I didn’t want to fail at love like our parents.
12. You made the nomad in me build a house and stay.
13. I’m not a dog.
14. We were trying to prove our blood wrong.
15. I was still lonely so I did even lonelier things.
16. Yes, I’m insecure, but so was my mother and her mother.
17. No, he loves me he just makes me cry a lot.
18. He knows all of my secrets and still wants to kiss me.
19. You were too cruel to love for a long time.
20. It just didn’t work out.
21. My dad walked out one afternoon and never came back.
22. I can’t sleep because I can still taste him in my mouth.
23. I cut him out at the root, he was my favorite tree, rotting, threatening the foundations of my home.
24. The women in my family die waiting.
25. Because I didn’t want to die waiting for you.
26. I had to leave, I felt lonely when he held me.
27. You’re the song I rewind until I know all the words and I feel sick.
28. He sent me a text that said “I love you so bad.”
29. His heart wasn’t as beautiful as his smile
30. We emotionally manipulated one another until we thought it was love.
31. Forgive me, I was lonely so I chose you.
32. I’m a lover without a lover.
33. I’m lovely and lonely.
34. I belong deeply to myself. 34 Excuses For Why We Failed At Love - Warsan Shire
while I’m still searching for yours. Heavy. - M.A.
I’m hiding under the covers
I can see my breath and all I wanna do
is lay down and hold you
And know you
Know your heart
Know your mind
Know your soul
And you’ll reintroduce yourself
With every lip locked blessing
Under these covers.
I know you.
You’ve already got that covered. Believing Reality - M.A.
I can milk out of the fingertips
I used to trace your face
Each morning when you would wake,
I’d hope it would
burn every one of your organs
don’t forget to gift me the ashes of your heart
For I’ll scatter them
Among the places I loved it most
In its memory
Amongst the places
I don’t wanna know ever again. to the one I should pushed away - M.A.